A solitaire ring can be considered the king of engagement rings, as it is the most commonly chosen option across the world. With a single striking stone and unparalleled simplicity, a solitaire ring can be suitable for people who are looking for a design that never goes out of fashion. If you prefer simple wedding theme ideas, then a solitaire ring can perfectly blend with your theme.
If you love understated luxury, then a solitaire ring can be a great choice for you. A solitaire ring design can also be suitable for maximalists, as setting a bigger diamond on your ring can make it look extraordinary.
Difference Between Solitaire And Halo
All rings that come with a single center stone do not qualify as solitaire rings. A solitaire ring won’t have any additional stones or other design elements. It usually comes with a single center stone set on a simple (usually plain) band with no other embellishments.
On the other hand, a halo ring will have a single center stone along with a set of small diamonds surrounding it. This setting can have one or more rows of small diamonds around the center diamond.
Why Get A Solitaire Ring?
Solitaires are one of the traditional and classic options for engagement rings. They can be a timeless option for you that will stay trending even after hundreds of years. You can also get a lot of other benefits by choosing a solitaire ring for your engagement. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Solitaire rings are easy to maintain. As they have fewer nooks and crannies, there is only less possibility for the dirt to get trapped on the ring.
- Solitaire rings can be a versatile option, as they can be suitable for all diamond shapes including round, oval, cushion, princess, pear, heart, etc.
- Solitaire rings can be easily matched with your wedding bands.
- They can be suitable for everyone irrespective of their style and character.
- A solitaire ring setting can help to give maximum exposure to your center diamond.
Things To Consider When Getting A Solitaire Ring
There are some important factors that should be added to your wedding planning guide when thinking about getting a solitaire engagement ring. Consider the shape of your stone. Even though round brilliants are the traditional choice, you can also go for something unique and distinct like a cushion or princess-cut diamond.
Also, when purchasing a solitaire engagement ring, make sure to consider the quality of the diamond. This is important, as this ring setting can provide better visibility for your diamond.